My last blog post was at the end of April and I had decided it was time to lose weight and get back in shape. Things have been going pretty well, but very hard. To lose weight you really have to be committed and be in the right mind set. I have been running a lot! I go pretty much every day, but only 2-3.5 miles. I still wanna get my mileage up. I have been toying with the idea of doing a half marathon, but probably not until next summer. On Saturday I am doing my first 5k in over a year, we will see how that goes! Thankfully my mother and father in law are running it with me, so that should make it more fun.
Losing weight is harder than getting in shape. Its easier to go out and run than it is to resist those yummy brownies in the kitchen. I haven't been able to restrict calories too much because I am breastfeeding Reece and I did not want to lose my milk supply. I don't even count calories, although I do avoid really high calorie foods (like Ranch dressing, which I haven't had in over a month!). Mostly I try to stop eating when I am full. I know that sounds dumb, but I have a big over eating problem! I also don't eat junk food, although that is a big problem on Sundays. What is it about Sunday that makes you wanna pig out?
The 'rule' that I have been best about following is not eating after 8 pm. It is easy to follow this rule because I go running in the evening and can't run with a full stomach.
The goal I made in April was to lose 25 pounds by July 25, which was last Wednesday. I wanted to lose about 2 pounds a week. I noticed over the last 3 months that weight loss really fluctuates. Some weeks I wouldn't lose any weight and some weeks I would lose 5 pounds. It was really all over the place. Anyway, I weighed myself on July 25th and I weighed 152 lbs. My goal is 145 ish, so only 7 lbs left. Total of 18 pounds lost! I am a little short of my goal, but who cares? I feel great and I want the weight loss to be permanent, so I will take my time!
Here is a pic when I am about 8 months preggers (am I allowed to use a pregger pic for a 'before' pic? Oh well. Makes it look like I have lost lots of weight!)
Here is a pic from Reece's baby blessing (Easter Sunday), he was 2 weeks old.
Here is the pic Austin took for me last Sunday! Still some work to do, but feeling good!
4 comments:
Congratulations! Losing weight is rough, and you have done so well! Way to go---and keep up the good work.
you are looking lovely, and if its any consolation you won't be the fat sister at the wedding... I will be! Total strangers are asking when the baby is due. Seriously? I am not that big right?
Kenzie!!! Way to go - weight loss really is so hard and I'm proud of you... You look awesome and I'm glad your feeling good to!
You look great kenz!!!! Weight loss is hard...ugh I'm in the same boat! Our goal weight is the same, too! Keep it up girl!!
Post a Comment