Thursday, August 16, 2012

4 Years!?

I can't believe Austin and I have been married for four years! Are we still 'newlyweds'?  I think with two kids, probably not!

I remember before Austin and I got engaged, I was very nervous to get married. I was still 19 and it was such a big decision to be making.  We had both been living in Provo going to school and at the end of the semester he drove me home to my parents house.  When he left to go home, I was sooo sad! I did not want to be without him, even for a day.  I think it was good that we had to spend that summer apart because it made me realize how much I wanted to be with him. forever.

Austin seriously did such an awesome/romantic job proposing, it was so perfect.  It was a Thursday night and he was supposed to be coming on Friday.  My sister and I decided to go on a walk at Smith Rock Park http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_51.php.  It is a beautiful state park about 10 minutes from where I grew up.  Lots of memories going hiking and running there.  I texted Austin and asked him if I could call him later for our nightly phone call.  He replied: "sure." I remember that bugging me for some reason, turns out he did it on purpose.  Definitely made it more of a surprise...

Anyway, my sister said we would take practice engagement pictures just to find some good places, even though we weren't technically engaged.  She even got me to do my hair and  makeup! haha sneaky girl.  So we get to Smith Rocks and we are walking along.  We had her dog with us and we let it off its leash.      I remember turning a corner and seeing a guy playing the guitar, but he was pretty far away.  I said " Oh great, that guy is gonna get mad cause we let the dog off the leash" or something like that.  Court just kinda laughed at me.  I did a double take and remember thinking "Austin has a jacket like that....and he plays the guitar......and he has dark hair like that....." So I looked at Court and said "Is that Austin!?" She just smiled at me.  I was in shock cause I hadn't seen him in four weeks.  So I kinda start crying and I ask it again "IS That Austin!?!" I'm sure my sister thought I was pretty dumb.  But she nodded.

And that is when I took off running down the hill.  He stopped playing the guitar and we had a cheesy run together and hug moment. haha oh it sounds pretty cheesy, but it was freakin romantic. I was seriously crying and shaking by now.  Austin was shaking and so nervous.  He didn't say hi or anything, he just dropped to his knee and asked me to marry him! I nodded my head cause I couldn't even talk! haha oh man, good moment.  So he stuck that ring on my finger and I remember saying something about how it was too big, but who cares!  Have you ever kissed your boyfriend/fiancee after four weeks of no kisses? That was fun, haha. TMI?

Court was already gone by this point because I had always said I wanted to get proposed to in private, but now I wish I had asked her to take pictures, cause we have none :(

So we ate some masssive chocolate strawberries and sparkling cider that Court had prepared for us, what a good sister!  Turns out her and my dad had planned this whole thing with Austin.  I was seriously so surprised, good job Ausy!

So we got married 3 months later in the Boise Temple and I am so glad my little 19 year old self decided to say yes! 

After four years and two kids I can definitely say that I love Austin more than the day I married him! I have seen him as a father and that makes me so much more in love with him.
Why I love Austin:
1.  On Saturdays he watches the kids in the morning so I can sleep in!
2.  He makes me laugh more than any other person I have ever met.
3. He is nice to everyone.
4. He is patient and calm (which I am not!)
5.  He helps me to be less of a stress case.
6.  Eats my not so yummy dinners without complaining, and says thank you :)
7.  Watched and supported me through two childbirths and still loves me haha
8.  Holds the priesthood (if you don't know what that means http://www.lds.org/topics/priesthood?lang=eng)
9.  He surprised me with a new car for my birthday, woot woot!
10. Mows our lawn, thank goodness cause I would never do it!
11. Tells me I'm beautiful. Which is nice to hear after having babies!
12.  Watches the babies so I can go running.
13. He is handsome
14. He is a good kisser (TMI again?)
15. He doesn't judge me for my wacko-ness.
There are so many reasons I could go on and on...but Reece just woke up and Liam smells suspicious.  Time to potty train that kid.  So I will hurry and stick some old pictures on here that I love to look at 


This is our first picture together. We are on the left.  Creepy snow man, I know.  Blame Austin and his friends.



Why did I cut my hair?

This was the weekend we got engaged.







Baby Liam





Baby Reecie 


Happy four years babe! I love you!

4 comments:

Savanna said...

I'm so happy you joined our family! I don't know what I would do without!! And Baby Liam is so cute!! HA!!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!!! I miss you guys so much :)

The Stumps said...

Such a cute post! Your kids ste stinking adorable and the engagement story made me laugh...in a romantic way.

Red Bed Head said...

I was sneaky!