Losing weight while nursing seems to be really hard for me. Once I stopped nursing Liam I lost weight really fast because I could cut calories and lose weight really fast. Unfortunately, I lost it too fast and gained most of it back before I got pregnant with Reece. Everything I have read says you shouldn't cut too many calories while nursing. So my plan is to lose it slowly, only 2 pounds a week.
Here are the rules:
- No ice cream or candy
-No eating after 8 pm
-Lots of water, and water is the only thing I can drink (which is hard because we always have a pitcher of kool aid in our fridge)
-No second servings- so I better get what I want the first time around
-Stop eating when I am full-that's a toughie for me
-Always eat breakfast
-Go on a walk/jog everyday the weather permits
-Limit my snacking
I really don't like to do diets where I restrict the types of food I eat, rather I restrict the portion size. If I deny myself certain foods (carbs), I just rebel and quite my diet.
Recap of my weight history: When I got married I weighed 135 pounds and I was super scrawny. But that weight was pre-baby, so my standards are different (and realistic!). When I got pregnant with Liam I weighed 142, which I was pretty happy with. After Liam was born I stayed around 160 until I stopped nursing when he was 8 months old. In only a month I got down to 144. I felt like crap and was hungry all the time because I only had about a thousand calories a day. But I was happy with how I looked and could wear all my old clothes. By the time I got pregnant with Reece I was hovering around 155 to 160. Which I obviously was not happy with. My clothes were too small! And I am too poor to buy all new clothes! Anyway, while pregnant with Reece my highest weight was 184, same as with Liam. So technically I gained a lot less weight this time because my starting weight was higher. Unfortunately, I have the same amount of weight to lose. - now here we go- I weigh 170 pounds! EEK! I know for a lot of people this is a normal and healthy weight. But lets keep in minds that I am only 5'4". And I wanna be in shape to run and that is more weight than I wanna carry. Plus my poochy tummy looks bad in clothes!
So my goal weight is 145 pounds. I think that it is totally reasonable and attainable. Some people might think I need to lose more weight than that since I am so short, but oh well. I don't wanna starve myself just to be at some unrealistic weight! That is a total of 25 pounds to lose. If I lose 2 pounds a week, I should reach my goal in 12.5 weeks. That is the end of July.
I figured if I wrote this and posted it to facebook, I would have a lot more accountability for my weight loss. No more denial about how out of shape I am in or how much I weigh.
GOAL: Lose 25 pounds by July 25th
I will let you know how it goes!
I will let you know how it goes!
1 comment:
Oh, good luck! Losing weight is no picnic. Literally! You can do it----and if for some reason it takes longer than your time frame, be kind to yourself. :)
Post a Comment