Sunday, January 30, 2011

mixing patterns and other Sunday adventures...

Liam in his new shirt (birthday present from Aunt Savanna! Thanks!)
(also, disclaimer: ignore my messy apartment. thank you.)



What a poser!


This picture just makes me laugh. He is having some issues lately keeping his eyes open for pictures.


Mixing patterns adventure:

Doesn't match at all, I know. But some how it just works. And Austin said it made me look "Fashionable," so that works for me.


Liam is a cry baby. But a very cute cry baby.

I have been reading a lot of fashion blogs lately and they are so interesting to me. So I will probably copy them a little bit. (This is my favorite one: http://tandsdaybook.blogspot.com) It is just fun to get ideas from different people. It is a great way to save money too. It helps me think of different ways to wear what I already have and avoid going shopping.
I have been thinking lately how important it is to dress nicely and present ourselves well. And I do not mean that in a shallow way. We don't have to be wearing brand names and dressed to the nines all the time. I think it just shows others a lot of respect when we take care of ourselves, thats all. Seriously, you can dress nicely even when you shop at DI. If you take your time searching the racks, you can find some good stuff.

On a different note, I just made the most fattening meal I have ever had. Fettuccine Alfredo, 'the right way.' That's what I heard anyway. You just melt some butter and cream, add salt and pepper, and pour it into a bowl with some Parmesan cheese. Then you just mix in some noodles. Super quick and easy. Plus if you wanna have a heart attack, eating this is a great start.

On another different note, Liam is having issues at church and we don't know what to do! He seriously fusses the whole time cause he just wants to run around. I even brought his new zoo animal book hoping it would keep him occupied. It did for a while, but he also made animal noises the whole time while pointing at the animals. Really loud noises. Apparently there was a lion in the chapel.
Anyway, we end up spending most of church in the hallway. What are we supposed to do? Part of me is glad he is so independent and curious, but we also want to teach him how to act at church. The second I tried to go sit down with him again in the chapel, he just started squirming and whining. So any advice is helpful!

1 comment:

Emily said...

You looked sooo cute today! I meant to tell you I loved your outfit, but we left early :) I love the mixing patterns thing... if done right.